East Pier Roadway Redesign: Green Infrastructure, Stormwater Park Design
- transforms an abandoned brownfield located within the city center
- creates accessible greenspace
- improves water quality with a stormwater park and raingardens
- uses native plants to enhance ecological function
- serves the community by improving safety, the environment, and aesthetics
- the road alignment was adjusted to accommodate container truck traffic and improve safety
- we designed an entry space and signage for the Port
- we designed a stormwater park and constructed wetlands behind the entry signage
- we designed green infrastructure features alongside the roadway.
Cypress Environmental Services (Cypress), LLC, is a small, woman-owned business specializing in engineering, planning, and environmental science from our office in Biloxi, Mississippi. We provide a range of environmental science and engineering services including consulting, construction administration, and construction contracting and are a licensed engineering firm in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida and Georgia.
Cypress focuses on creating better projects where the built environment meets the natural environment. We stay abreast of current research as well as innovations in products, materials, and techniques to provide the most cost-effective methods to achieve an individual client’s objectives while planning and building projects and developments that work with the environment.